Harvey Walsh is a leading supplier of bespoke IT solutions, healthcare intelligence and consultancy services to the NHS, pharmaceutical and device industries. Everything we do is powered by exceptional data, creating intelligent insights and narrative to improve the healthcare of patients.
You'll love this job if:
You like nothing better than being a healthcare data expert - taking complex data-sets from big-data sources, interpreting and delivering them as comprehensible, powerful, clear and useful information. You need to be pretty excited about SQL, too.
Harvey Walsh delivers project from Pathway Mapping for HTA submissions, through to web based NICE Implementation Toolkits to aid discussions with local Commissioners.
A typical day consists of:
- Working with SQL Server to extract health care analysis
- Working with Excel to manipulate/format data extracts into suitable data reports
- Providing data extracts to the development team for integration with our tools such as dashboards
- Providing a key point of contact for discussion & implementation regarding query writing/optimisation to other staff including the development team
- Providing insights/suggestions regarding the proposed data request in terms of the client’s needs
- Ensuring all data reports produced are factually correct and meet the requirements of a data request specification, within pre-agreed timelines to meet the data specification
- Ensuring all specifications received are factually correct, understandable and appropriate regarding the data requested
To be a success, you'll need to show us:
- A deep understanding of the NHS and how it operates, garnered via at least 2 years experience in a health care setting (NHS or private healthcare organisation)
- Expertise working with healthcare data, where exposure to mental health datasets and/or health economic are of particular benefit
- Sufficient technical knowledge of SQL including working with MS SQL Server, MySQL and Management Studio.
- Prior experience of producing data reports in Excel including producing graphs and other visual insights
- Willingness and capability to adapt to changing priorities and effectively use teamwork skills to interact and collaborate on alternative approaches to issues
Our strength is our people – the Harvey Walsh business consists of a broad range of experience from both the NHS and commercial experience. To fit in, you'll be a superb communicator, able to listen to and articulate yourself with colleagues and clients. Our people love being part of a team, yet also know when they need to demonstrate autonomy, flexing as the needs of the business change.
If this sounds like you, simply APPLY HERE.